Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Start of an Obsession....My first Love!!!!

This one should have been my first post for this blog....but the last one was more timely based and so couldn't have delayed it....So here goes the post that was supposed to be my first post of this blog


I just love TV....that is it. It’s as simple as that. I'm a TV Addict. Someone who can watch TV 24x7, I mean that literally 24x7. Night and day, day and night I can watch TV.
I think I understand this medium best. I live it; I breathe it and I work for it. Yes it is my bread and butter.


I will be using this blog to write everything that I feel about the small screen, lovingly referred to as an idiot box as well. But yes this is one Idiot box that often turns into a boss....commanding so much power as to bind the entire nation together in any sort of frenzy.
 


Though I'm not too old to be saying this, but yes, my relationship too with TV is as old as I can remember Doordarshan. I'm a proud part of the generation, which in fact did grow up on DD and its shows. I'm not one of those, who hides behind the cable TV lines of Dish TV antennas and say sh#@ things about DD. I love DD and still whenever I get time, I do make an effort to catch reruns of my favorite shows there.


I'm part of the generation that I guess might be one of the last ones to say that, 'yes, I remember the time when everything stood still in the country on Sunday mornings, with telecast of Ramayana and Mahabharata.'
Buniyad, Nukaad, Virasaat, Fauji, Circus, Byomkesh Bakshi, Shri Krishna, Vikram Betaal, Flop Show, sea Hawks, Waagle ki duniya, Malgudi Days, He Man, Jungle Book, Ducktales, Shaktimaan, Zabaan Sambhal Ke, Shriman Shrimati, Alif Laila, chandrakanta, Captain vyom, Mulla Naseeruddin, Shanti, Swabhiman, Tales Spin……aur na jaane kitne shows yaad hain abhi bhi jaise ki ek dum taaza ho unka ehsaas.


TV is my life and my life line, my career and my passion, my heart and my heartbeat, my escape and my reality.


Simply put TV is my 1st LOVE!!!!!!!


So here it goes, this blog dedicated to TV, idiot box, small screen....what ever names you might call it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment